Does anyone sell sample soap packs?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paintguru

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone out there offers sample packs of their soaps. My friend thought this would be a good way to get people to try a range of scents and then buy the ones they liked. I see a labeling and packaging nightmare :). Just curious if others offer this and how you handle it.

I use my end pieces as samples. I cut them in half and put them in little plastic bags and label with intredients and fragrance. I sell them for .50-1.00 each.

If you use the same base recipe for all it wouldn’t be an issue (I don’t think) the only thing that would be different is the scent and all you have to list for that is “Fragrance”.

If you use the same base recipe for all it wouldn’t be an issue (I don’t think) the only thing that would be different is the scent and all you have to list for that is “Fragrance”.

Agreed...just wondering if I say put 5 mini-cube in a pack, how would I identify which cube is which? Almost need something like a chocolate box with a map of the different scents.

I give away little sample bags, and I label the front with color-scent-name, and the back with ingredients. They're always different recipes, so i made stickers for each recipe, and stick them on a larger label designed with spaces just for the stickers. So whatever i decide to chop up and stick in the bag, i just grab those stickers and put them on there.

I cut 1/4 oz. slices of each of my soaps and package them individually so the scents don't morph. I label them with the soap name and a sticker that says "Soap Sample - Do Not Eat". I put a variety of 10 different ones to a bag and sell the bag for $7.

I have done a lazy sampler bag, where I took advantage of the fact that I can just call it (vegetarian) SOAP and I didn't include my ingredients. I printed a label that had check-boxes for all of the soaps I had samples of, and put an X next to the soaps in the bag. If anyone wants to buy more (or look up ingredients), they will be able to identify the soap from website photos. I charged 1.50-1.99 for 3 or 4 samples. At a craft fair, they're a nice way for people to buy something when they really don't want to. (I'm OK with people not buying anything! But I know that awkward feeling, and I'm OK with making 1.50!)

I do plant to do the labeling nightmare and properly label the various samples, but obviously I'll be charging a lot more for the time and labeling cost.

Last edited:
A picture of a few of the samples I sell. I included the info on the individual bags I put them in. The bags are great and I use them for bath melts too!

sample2.jpg

Latest posts

Back