does anyone make beer?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delta soap diva

Reaction score
does anyone make beer? i've made 2 batches from kits and i'm ready to move on to something a bit more challenging. suggestions?

I can't help too much with the beer, (I make wine and mead myself) but my brother does. When he got to that point, I got him a recipe book called Clone Brews. It has recipes that produce beer similar to some of the commercial beers. It gave him new ways to go.

I just noticed that there's a "sequel" book to it, I may have to get that for him.

Jamie

Aha! I knew other soapers had to be into beer!

I have been making beer for years and eventually moved up to all grain brewing, which is what I do now. If you've done kits, I would strongly suggest a step up to extract brewing.

The best book by far on this, is Charlie Papazian's book "The Complete Joy of Homebrewing". Most of the equipment for extract will be similar, although you may need to buy a few things.

I'm happy to help if you have any questions, but get the book, read it like a novel, take it all in, then re-read the section on intermediate brewing and start making beer!

Latest posts

Back