Does anyone actually soap lilac?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
marghewitt said:
Wow I am wondering if zeoplum would consider doing a tutorial on the above pictured soap. It is beautiful. :idea:

I need to take a better picture so you can see the true colors. That was a dim pic from my iPhone.

I just split my batch into thirds and colored each one and poured. I waited about 15 minutes in between each layer. My trace was medium to thick. My colors are from Select Shades. The top layer is actually uncolored but full of shredded soap that was the same color as my bottom layer.

I'm new to getting creative with the look because I spent a lot of time testing single-colored soaps. So if a layering newbie like me can do it, then anybody can!

Hope that helps!
zeo

I soap with lilac CP all the time. It does smell great and is one of my best sellers as well. I do nothing special with my CP method either, I treat it as any other fragrance.

Bruce

I wonder why I have so many issues with the lilac? My recipe feels like it takes forever to come to trace with any other fragrance. It has like 60% EVOO. Grr. I did actually end up with decent soap with my last batch. It was still difficult to work with though.

The problem is your FO. Save your oils, dump your FO and go with Peak. I have found only 2 oils from Peak that accelerate.

Mike

Back