:( Disapointed

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dixie

Reaction score
I like to order from Brambleberry. They are close to me, so I get my stuff super quick. It is good quality and the best....I get a free FO sample. It's cool, I save them up and do experiments with them, blends or just one lb. batches.
Well, I guess now they are no longer going to give samples:( I'm just guessing because I recieved my clay order yesterday and instead of my FO sample I was anxiously scrambling around, for there was a sample package of apricot seeds:(
I'm sooooo disapointed!

Aww, Dixie, isn't it funny that sometimes when you get used to something it changes? Maybe you are destined to something wonderful with those seeds!

awww, i would have been disappointed too! I love samples!

Well that bites :(

I got 3 samples of FO last time I ordered from Voyageur , I was totally surprised , never had a sample sent with an order before :)
Kitn

I've heard from different people that depending on how heavy your order is, sometimes they don't send an FO sample. For instance, if the shipping cost was going to go up drastically by including the 1 oz fragrance, they wouldn't include it.

AshleyR said:
I've heard from different people that depending on how heavy your order is, sometimes they don't send an FO sample. For instance, if the shipping cost was going to go up drastically by including the 1 oz fragrance, they wouldn't include it.

So maybe they were trying to save you some $$$$. That might be better than getting the free sample! :)

Jude

My last order from them had the apricot seeds also. Am expecting another order this week. Hope it has a FO sample !! Wondering though since my order that had the apricot seeds was one that contained no FO's in it maybe thats why. While I will eventually figure out what to use the apricot seeds in was also dishearted not to have a sample fo. My first sample from them was Buttercream and Snickerdoodle. It discolored but smelled oh so very good in the soap.

The shipping price is pretty standard unless you order a real heavy shipment. I bet they are changing to save money.

Dixie said:
Well, I guess now they are no longer going to give samples:( I'm just guessing because I recieved my clay order yesterday and instead of my FO sample I was anxiously scrambling around, for there was a sample package of apricot seeds:(
I'm sooooo disapointed!

Maybe they gave you seeds because it was somewhat in keeping with what you ordered (clay). The reason I suggest that is because I just received a sampler pack on Friday and it had 2 free samples in it, a FO and a tiny organza bag.

That's happened to me before. I got a free organza bag instead of an FO. The next time though, I got an FO again. I bet you will too. Maybe she just switches it up every now and then.

LJA said:
That's happened to me before. I got a free organza bag instead of an FO. The next time though, I got an FO again. I bet you will too. Maybe she just switches it up every now and then.

Good to hear. I hope so!:)

i think you have to ask for sample? I just ordered from millcreek, the 10-2 ounce for 25$, and i asked for a sample and they sent one.

I do know that they changed the email they send out after an order. It used to read something along the lines of 'be sure to look for your free sample of FO in the box' and now it reads 'be sure to look for your free sample in the box'.

But on another page it says that you can still request a free FO sample, and when I ordered last time I did so (in the 'notes' section) and they put it in.

Apricot seeds and the like are much less expensive to give out than FO, so they are probably trying to streamline away from giving free FO samples to people who don't request them.

Thanks for the heads up Artephius. I will be sure to always ask for one in the future.

Latest posts

Back