Dipping Beeswax Candles

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacykins

Reaction score
I have a few quick questions regarding making dipped candles!

I am in a medieval club on my campus, and am starting to put together crafts for the semester. One craft I thought might be very cool, and pretty accurate to the period would be dipping beeswax candles. But, I have never dipped candles, though it sounds quite easy.

I am trying to accumulate the supplies I need. I know I need things, as a dipping vat (I was looking at a 3" diameter and 14" tall one, since it definitely won't be a hardcore activity, just for fun), thermometer, wicks, and beeswax. Is there anything else I would need to get?

What I am trying to figure out is how much wax I'll need to get. Since the activity will be in March, still have some time. For dipping, lets say, 10 candles, how much wax would you recommend I purchase?

Thank you for any advise and input!

Hi, I am kind of busy so I can't really go into details. Wish I had more time. If you are serious about dipping Bees Wax candles I can give you a link that will most likely save you quite abit of money. Most places want to sell bees wax at over $10.00 a pound. Are you interested ? Or do you have a supplier. About 4.76 a pound.

Latest posts

Back