Dental Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had tried that Dr.Bronners mint soap to brush and I just didn't like how it felt. It was like that too clean feeling, like stripping too much.

I make a tooth powder of baking soda and neem powder with some anise or peppermint (the kind for baking) for taste and benefits. The neem alone works wonders to heal and keep gums healthy. But it is very bitter, takes getting used to but well worth it for the benefits.

I made a tooth powder based on the recommendations of the doctor who wrote the article that tooth soap inspired. It is a 50/50 mix of baking soda and a powdered calcium carbonate/magnesium product. I used peppermint flavored stevia drops. I like it better than any other tooth powder I have tried.

Stevia seems like a good idea, I have some somewhere i'll add that in.

mlj I am glad you posted that, my hubby and I went to the dentist yesterday and i was thinking the same thing. If you floss twice daily brush 2-3 times daily and use a tongue scraper you should be in tip top shape.

Anyone care to share their recipe?

I would love to try and make my own toothpaste soap for my family and friends, if anyone is willing I would love to try a recipe for it, Thanks!

Suzanne

[email protected]

I make a "tea" from fresh stevia leaves sometimes. I usually just use the leaves by themselves to eat plain or in salads. The infusion made from fresh stevia leaves could be used for the water in the soap.

Growing the stevia costs so much less than buying the various commercially prepared forms.

Depending on the climate zone, stevia will grow back each spring, as other herbs do.

Here's one site about growing stevia plants:

http://www.mountainvalleygrowers.com/stevia.htm

I've been using straight baking soda for years. I know some who mix baking soda with sea salt.

Latest posts

Back