Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Really like how this turned out. I need to make a light box asap. I'm using the noon sun and everything looks more yellow than it really is. The pink isn't washed out and yellow are more subtle in person.

Used BB Pink Grapefruit, Mad Micas Ballet slipper(10% batter), Bright yellow rain coat with a sprinkle of Tennis breaker(10% batter), and Snow white(80% batter). Poured at thin trace and hanger swirl left to right a few times then a cyclone.

Reminds me of an orchid bloom.

20240407_132756(0).jpg

Poured at thin trace and hanger swirl left to right a few times then a cyclone.

It does look like an orchid blossom! You've convinced me to try a cyclone swirl, that really brought it together I think! I've actually been hesitant to even try Tennis Breaker mica because it is always so bold on camera and I've been worried about it throwing off the color balance of my soaps 😂

Thank you 2lilboots!

It does look like an orchid blossom! You've convinced me to try a cyclone swirl, that really brought it together I think! I've actually been hesitant to even try Tennis Breaker mica because it is always so bold on camera and I've been worried about it throwing off the color balance of my soaps 😂

Don't be afraid, I like to use it to enhance my colors.

I used like half 1/64 of a tsp for the yellow portion. So the tiniest amount. Here's a pic inside where it's a bit more true to how it looks in person.
20240407_152740.jpg

That is so beautiful! What is a cyclone swirl? I googled and found hurricane swirl…

It does look like an orchid, and I love the delicate colors you used.

Back