Deep Cleansing Oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're so very welcome, Blade. That's good news that she is using your soap! You might try the cleanser yourself to see how it works for you. Be sure to follow the directions in Post #1. ;)

ZANY’S ALL NATURAL DEEP CLEANSING OIL & MAKEUP REMOVER
A gentle, non-soap facial cleanser for all skin.

Label ingredients: Polyoxyethylene sorbitan monooleate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil and T-50 tocopherols.

You will be amazed at how this formula removes dirt, excess oil, makeup — even waterproof mascara -- easily. This water-soluble formula rinses completely, leaving your face feeling clean and soft to the touch, with no oily residue. Olive oil and vitamin E add emollience to combat dryness and also help to extend shelf life. Because there is no water in this formula, no preservative is required.

NOTE: Measure by VOLUME, not weight.

OPTION 1
4 parts /2 fl. oz /60 ml Polysorbate 80 (surfactant/emulsifier)
3 parts /1.5 fl. oz /45 ml Fractionated Coconut Oil (non-greasy)
1 part /0.5 fl. oz /15 ml Olive Oil (emollient)
1 capsule /1 ml T-50 Vitamin E (emollient/antioxidant)
4 fl. oz. /120 ml TOTAL

OPTION 2 (more olive oil)
2 parts /1 fl. oz /30 ml Fractionated Coconut Oil (non-greasy)
2 parts /m1 fl. oz / 30 ml Olive Oil (emollient)
1 capsule /1 ml T-50 Vitamin E (antioxidant)
4 fl. oz. /120 ml TOTAL

Add FCO to Polysorbate 80. Stir to blend. Warm olive oil to 100° and add vitamin E. Stir well. Add all together and stir until blended. If mix is cloudy, or separates after sitting, add more Poly-80. Feel free to adjust the ratio of olive oil and FCO to your preference. Just be sure to keep the Poly-80 equal to the total amount of OO + FCO.

HOW TO USE: Apply with DRY hands to a DRY face in a circular motion to dissolve dirt and makeup. Pay special attention to eyelashes. This formula will not sting eyes, but it will take a little extra effort to gently remove all traces of mascara. Then rinse away with warm water. Rinses clean, leaving the skin soft and moist with no oily residue.
I know this is an old thread. I copy & paste this wonderful info. Much Thx @Zany_in_CO

I just made this cleansing oil tonight. Based on other's experiments in this thread, mine is 1 part PS80 to 2 parts FCO, with a few drops of carrot seed EO. My skin doesn't usually love any form of CO, but I'm going to try it again and hope that the combo with PS80 will work. If not, I may try castor oil next. My face loves castor oil, but the stickiness and viscosity always made it a pain to use as a cleansing oil. The PS80 should take care of that. Hmmm, now I kind of wish I'd started with castor instead of FCO. Ah well...

The initial wash left my face feeling cleansed and soft - no oily residue at all. I followed up with my homemade hyaluronic acid serum (based on a LotionCrafter recipe with HA dissolved in aloe vera gel + Leucidal ) and homemade facial oil (meadowfoam seed, argan, jojoba, rosehip seed, and carrot seed).

Here's to waking up tomorrow looking 29 again,,, actually, I'd be thrilled to look 49 again. Birthday 59 is right around the corner!

Last edited:
This is soooo cool. i haven't tried oil cleansing but I do use soco botanical oil on my face as a moisturizer and it is amazeballs. I would pay someone to dupe it in gallon sizes so I could use it everywhere
If you actually want to try and dupe this, this list of actual ingredients might be more helpful.

Ingredients: Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil*, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil*, Argania Spinsosa (Argan) Oil*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosa Mosqueta (Rose) Hip Oil*, Persea Graissima (Avocado) Fruit Oil*, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil, Olive Squalane, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil, Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Root Extract, Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Seed Oil*, Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Fruit Oil*, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil*, Sambucus Nigra (Elderberry) Extract, Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10), Tocopherols, Other ingredients: Essential Oil Blend*, Helichrysum Italicum, Bergamot (Bergapetene Free), Ylang Ylang, Cardamom, Orange Essential Oil, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Oil, Citrus Aurantium (Neroli) Oil *Organic Ingredient

Here's to waking up tomorrow looking 29 again,,, actually, I'd be thrilled to look 49 again. Birthday 59 is right around the corner!
I hear ya! :nodding:

@AAShillito and @beckster51 Just in case you aren't aware, those are off-topic posts and considered Hijacks. Please start a new thread so we can learn about duplicating soco botanical oil. It sounds like good stuff. Thanks. :thumbup:

Well, my mirror isn't showing any age-defying miracles, but after Day 2 of washing with this cleanser, there are no new blemishes, and I'm not peeling. Since one or both of those usually happens with new products, I'm cautiously optimistic that this is a keeper.

Well, my mirror isn't showing any age-defying miracles, but after Day 2 of washing with this cleanser, there are no new blemishes, and I'm not peeling. Since one or both of those usually happens with new products, I'm cautiously optimistic that this is a keeper.
It’s go time for Christmas gifts & have 3 DD with varying skin & my skin reacts like you described yours. Do you still use? Like? May I ask why you didn’t use OO?
TIA ☺️

Doing research/reading all posts I could find on cleansing oils in determining which emulsifier I’d like to use for cleansing oil gifts. I landed in an old thread. Last post 2017: Olive cleansing oil face wash

Tried an experiment because have these 2 ingredients. I made 1/2 tsp “batch” of 50/50 OO+Castor. Used dry fingers to rub onto my dry face. Then I removed oils same way my Grandmother removed her cold cream (gently with warm, damp washcloth). Followed up with cotton pad & 100% witch hazel. I did not follow with additional moisturizer as a “skin needs moisturizer” test like @IrishLass

That was 2 hours ago & my skin is still soft & not yelling for moisturizer. My DH noticed my skin. 😮 My skin FEELS super soft. I have DRY skin. Still going to make this thread’s cleansing oil with a Poly80 as emulsifier, but thought I’d share the bare oil experiment.

@LynetteO I'm still using the PS80 blend, now with FCO, castor oil, rosehip oil, and carrot seed oil. It works really well for me - cleansing without drying, moisturizing without clogging.

That's why I can't use straight OO on my face as a cleanser or moisturizer - it clogs my pores and makes me peel at the same time. But I can and do use OO squalane as my moisturizer, with a couple drops of carrot seed oil mixed in. Working well so far!

ZANY’S ALL NATURAL DEEP CLEANSING OIL & MAKEUP REMOVER
A gentle, non-soap facial cleanser for all skin.

Label ingredients: Polyoxyethylene sorbitan monooleate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil and T-50 tocopherols.

You will be amazed at how this formula removes dirt, excess oil, makeup — even waterproof mascara -- easily. This water-soluble formula rinses completely, leaving your face feeling clean and soft to the touch, with no oily residue. Olive oil and vitamin E add emollience to combat dryness and also help to extend shelf life. Because there is no water in this formula, no preservative is required.

NOTE: Measure by VOLUME, not weight.

OPTION 1
3 parts /1.5 fl. oz /45 ml Fractionated Coconut Oil (non-greasy)
1 part /0.5 fl. oz /15 ml Olive Oil (emollient)
1 capsule /1 ml T-50 Vitamin E (emollient/antioxidant)
4 fl. oz. /120 ml TOTAL

OPTION 2 (more olive oil)
2 parts /1 fl. oz /30 ml Fractionated Coconut Oil (non-greasy)
2 parts /m1 fl. oz / 30 ml Olive Oil (emollient)
1 capsule /1 ml T-50 Vitamin E (antioxidant)
4 fl. oz. /120 ml TOTAL

Add FCO to Polysorbate 80. Stir to blend. Warm olive oil to 100° and add vitamin E. Stir well. Add all together and stir until blended. If mix is cloudy, or separates after sitting, add more Poly-80. Feel free to adjust the ratio of olive oil and FCO to your preference. Just be sure to keep the Poly-80 equal to the total amount of OO + FCO.

HOW TO USE: Apply with DRY hands to a DRY face in a circular motion to dissolve dirt and makeup. Pay special attention to eyelashes. This formula will not sting eyes, but it will take a little extra effort to gently remove all traces of mascara. Then rinse away with warm water. Rinses clean, leaving the skin soft and moist with no oily residue.

This might be an older thread but boy, am I going to try this! Thank you Zany!!

Back