Daystar's Vaniglia De Madagascar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TessC

Reaction score
Wow, this is an interesting FO. I read enough of the reviews on it to know that it wouldn't be a sweet or "foody" vanilla scent, but I really wasn't sure what to expect beyond that. It's a really nice bitter-ish vanilla, and I can't wait until the soap's cured and settled, I really think it's going to be something that I order again.

Oh yeah, and "dark" doesn't even begin to describe the discoloration, lol, it's looking like it's going to be nearly black. Still, the scent is worth it so far, and I can play with some swirls if this test batch turns out to be a keeper. :D

Keep us updated on how it smells once cured out.
I love vanilla and have about 6 different types but none of them have the staying power or a final cured scent that I've been happy with.

I'd love to see pics:)

I am interested to see it as well . I love vanilla in soap , I think it is my favorite scent over all . Does it lather brown ?

Kitn

I'll definitely post pics once it's out of the mold and cut, it's one of my really high OO recipes so it needs a bit longer before it's ready to cut. The very tips on some of the peaks on he textured top are a slightly lighter shade of brown, looks neat so far. :D

Latest posts

Back