Daughter's Angel on her Shoulder

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My daughter's Angel was working overtime last night for her and her family. Another lesson on how fast life can end or change. This is the daughter my sister had mom evict and they are not 650 miles from me. :hairpulling:

My son in law finally is hired and starts in the big mine on Nov 11th, so they were taking their last few extra dollars to take Autumn to the show last night. They have to drive a high-speed road in an old SUV and out bolted a 5 point Buck right at my daughter's and Autumn's side doors. Trev seconds to make decisions so turned 45 degrees so the Buck would broadside the truck and not ram his rack into my daughter and hurt Autumn. The Officer told them that it was his split-second thinking that saved them. He told them the folks the night before did not fare as well. His being a truck driver helps a lot. Thank goodness it was not their time. My daughter tried to convince insurance it was a hit and run and they should fix it, they are not buying it. It is an old truck so no collision on their car.

Thank goodness they are all okay. Deer are really active this year. I've had a couple run right in front of me on my way to work in the last few weeks.

Glad to hear that your daughter and family had no serious injuries. Deer are very dangerous to drivers.

Wow his instincts are amazing! Glad your family made it through the accident unhurt. Deer are crazy.

Elk we have seen Moose no, Buffalo yes when we rode to Sturgis. They are very scary when on a bike. (Harley) even when you think it is a big full dressed Harley. :D This is why these animals are so dangerous to bike riders and would do our darndest to be off the roads by sunset when riding in high danger areas. We actually have a lot of deer here but they do not tend to be suicidal.

The problem for the kids they have only lived in the area for a few months and did not know this is a known migration trail so they will not go that direction at night again. As angry as I get at the SIL he is an excellent driver and is a hunter with full respect for animals. He was very upset and tried to find it in case he had to put it down, but it was gone. Hopefully, it lives, and he said it might since it was so large and very heavy muscled.

Wow his instincts are amazing! Glad your family made it through the accident unhurt. Deer are crazy.
My granddaughter ended up with a large bruise down her hip and leg but they heal. Yes, his driving instincts are amazing and this was not an accident that goes against his record. Truck drivers cannot get points against their licenses if they want to keep jobs. At least when he is driving in the mine he does not have to deal with traffic, no deer, only grayscale and a mile underground. Not a place for me.:nonono:

Back