My Amazing Granddaughter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 11 yr old granddaughter that I miss terribly after moving away close to a year ago is just amazing. She is the one that has raised butterflies and mantis since she was around 4 and picking up and collecting mantis since she was 2. She has also had chickens since she was approx 4 yrs old.

She has also started feeding and cleaning the water trough of the landlords' horses that are not doing well because their loser landlords are not feeding their horses. Her landlord tells her they eat the natural growth in the field, except they have had so much snow there is not much growth except some pretty thorny bushes. They are in northern Reno. According to my daughter, they are at least 100 lbs underweight. :( These horses are apparently not nice horses but they have become very attached to Autumn and she checks on them daily. The problem is my daughter cannot afford to be feeding horses but she is like me and cannot stand to see someone or something go hungry.
This is a little update. Autumn had a bit of a bad day yesterday. Although my daughter and the landlord had words several months ago and Autumn was not supposed to go down to the horses she still checked on them daily. Well, yesterday early morning Autumn noticed one of them was laying down with her head in the snow. She did all she could to rouse Zena and ran back home to tell her mom Zena must have collicked and was gone. This was around 6am. At 9am the landlord called Cheryl and told her to keep Autumn in that one of the horses had died. Cheryl informed her it was old news that Autumn knew by 6 am Zena was gone. Autumn is always up early checking on the horses, even knowing she would get in trouble and her chickens. They would have called if the horse was not already gone. My granddaughter's opinion is that Zena is now in a better place with green pastures and all the food she can eat. If this girl ever gets the chance she will make an amazing vet.

You will never guess what I am ordering her for Christmas along with the new camera for her microscope. She is getting some new Isopods. She loves the exotic Isopods! She is such an interesting little girl. Facebook

Sorry everyone, I just had to brag a little. :nodding:

Aww, that's a tough thing to experience but it sounds like she is handling it well.

Isopods are pretty cool. I have dwarf whites but they are too small to really enjoy. They really like cucumbers, let autumn know they make a good treat.

Aww, that's a tough thing to experience but it sounds like she is handling it well.

Isopods are pretty cool. I have dwarf whites but they are too small to really enjoy. They really like cucumbers, let autumn know they make a good treat.
Do you use the Dwarf whites with your tarantulas? She has powder blues in her mantis tanks. I have whites, oranges and spring tails in my tanks. I am going to order her some porcellionides pruinosus Oreo Crumble for Christmas. Check out these guys Cubaris "White Ducky" Just a wee pricey.
Pet Pedes and Pods - Isopods For Sale
and just for you... Pet Pedes and Pods - Arachnids For Sale nope I did not look at that page:nonono: :nodding: ;)

Back