Dangerous soap??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MGM

Reaction score
I don't mean to be melodramatic, but....when gathering up my alien brain, 100% lard, orange EO oil, with M&P embeds soap, to be banished -- I mean, stored away for a few weeks so I don't have to look at it---I noticed that some of the bars had more than just ash, they had even little crystals on them. Then, when I inadvertently touched my fingers to my lips, I got a zap! AND, 30 min later, my lips are still irritated.
I did a zap test on the soap a couple days after making it and it was fine....but perhaps I got a good corner.
Anyway, are these soaps even safe??
Should I just pull them out in 4-6 weeks and evaluate then? Will they get worse (because every day, they seem to get worse in one way or another).

TNX!

Sometimes ash can develop as small crystals. I'd just leave the soap for now and see how it cures.
Don't try to zap test the crystals, test the soap under them. The crystals can be washed or scraped off. Its the soap thats important.

Latest posts

Back