Damp Rid anyone?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Galavanting Gifts

Reaction score
After my cp soap sweating I decided to take the bull by the horns (or should I say the soap by the suds :? ) and purchased some Damp Rid, I figure I have nothing to lose even to trial it out of curiosity to see just how much moisture is in my curing room.
Has anyone ever used this stuff before around their soaps?if so, was it worth using?

When I checked the ingredients I was shocked to find out it is just Calcium Chloride that can be purchased from the local pool shop for a much cheaper price. The humidity problems we have here are unbelievable, I had no problems with my cp soapmaking at our previous house. :?

I guess it's worth a shot. Maybe a fan in there too? I keep my soap my my basement...it's much cooler down there.
Good luck!

No problem kitn, I put it in the curing room and within 10 minutes the Damp Rid was wet, this morning (about 8 hours later) the Damp Rid was very wet) Our house is heavily surrounded by trees leaving the house very dark inside so i'm wondering if its locking moisture into the air as well.

LJA, I tried the fan and sadly it made no difference but if need be i'll consider using it again along with the Damp Rid and see how it goes.

Latest posts

Back