Daily Gratitude

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm grateful for a working vehicle that gets me where I need to go in spite of it being 20 years old now (had to drive 70 miles round-trip today).

I'm grateful for In-n-Out Burger. Made a pit stop there for lunch. It's always so clean and the employees are always friendly, efficient, and personable (a rare quality these days). Oh- and the burgers are great, too!

IrishLass :)

I'm grateful for having two little kids with my lovely wife. Kids are just a big lesson for me, as they make me reorganize my way of thinking and how I see the world. Through them I start to seek my inner me and finally starting to learn from them! They are also the reason I accidently read a great book that put me in a path that I really like. It is like my life before them I was only looking at present and future time, but when they entered my life I got a chance to look way back to my life - even when I was a little one also- so I can realize why I have been doing certain things so many years. They are a great psychotherapy.

I'm grateful for having a house and a job, especially the last 6 years of my country's crisis, and me and my wife can afford the basic needs to my family.

I'm grateful for some voluntary groups that are in my city to which I can offer a few basic supplies from time to time in order to help homeless people and especially the last months, immigrants from eastern countries such Syria that lost their homes because of war, that western governments (including mine as being a member of NATO) created in the name of money.

I'm grateful for this forum and its members that they helped me (and keep helping me) learn soaping with plenty of information given generously! Thank you :)

I'm grateful that at the place I live, although it is middle December, we still have very sunny days and temperature around 15°C ( 59°F)

I'm grateful for:

My wee man sleeping through the night, from about 9pm to 5:30am! He turned 5 months yesterday, so here's hoping there is more of that to come.
Sunshine - after a few foggy days, the sky is a mesmerizing azure today and all colours are so vibrant
My darling wife who not only allows me to be the man that she knows I can be, but she also does so much to keep our little world turning.
Tea. I am always grateful for a nice cup of tea. Throw in a decent biscuit (or cookie, to you yankees) and I am in heaven

Today I am grateful that my brother and I had a real conversation and caught up last night for the first time since July. When he goes through a hard time he shuts people (including me) out. When he talks to me, I know things are getting better for him! It makes me really happy to know that.

I'm also grateful that I will see my BF tomorrow night! Long distance certainly does make the heart grow fonder.

I'm grateful for being able to figure out how to reduce my hubby's family recipe for potica bread so that I can make a more manageable-sized amount without changing the taste or texture (it's officially been family approved!). It makes me very happy to be able to supply hubby's family with their homemade potica again. They had gone for about 20 years without any since hubby's aunt passed away. Guess what I shall be doing today?

And I'm also grateful for my marble pastry board and heavy marble rolling pin which makes the process of making potica much easier and a joy for me.

IrishLass :)

I'm grateful that my last 3 orders are going out in the mail today or being picked up.

I'm grateful for a bit of a break, these last few weeks have been crazy

I'm grateful I will be able to get my house clean and decorations up (maybe)

I'm grateful I've had a darn good year

I am thankful for this little bugger. Our third grandchild was given to us the Monday before Thanksgiving.

1. First, I am grateful little Landon was a healthy 6lb 14 oz, 21.5 inches long bouncing baby boy. In this picture, just a day old and smiling. (gas, anyone?)
2. I am grateful that even though my father had two daughters, I was able to give my son my maiden name, so our name did not die with my father as the last male. I managed to carry on the family name, even though I was a girl.
3. I'm grateful my fiance has finished his schooling and we are back in one house, and he is on the job hunt.
4. I am grateful for my Above Average review at work, the only one the boss gave out (despite my fibro! Yay!) and the subsequent raise and promotion to Server Trainer, even though I won't be there much longer.
5. I am grateful for my four kitties and my wonderful bully, even though they make huge messes every night when we go to work.

IMG951322.jpg

1. I'm grateful for my amazing family, who keep me young, make me laugh, drive me crazy, and give hugs freely.
2. I'm grateful that I've been able to turn my passion of soap making into a profitable, growing business.
3. I'm grateful for the support of friends, family, and other makers who have helped me along this year as my business and social network have both grown.
4. I'm thankful for all of those creature comforts that we often take for granted like electricity, running water, a nice home to live in, clothes to wear, because so many in the world just don't have those things.
5. I'm grateful that even though I don't have everything, I somehow always have enough.

Tonight I am so very grateful that I live in town now.
And that Sears is literally 3 minutes away.
Also that they had freezers in stock.
Not to mention that I did not lose the whole bunch of meat in the freezer that died.

I am so VERY, VERY grateful!

Today I'm.grateful that I'm not a hoarder or a clutter collector, because that would make this packing take way longer. And I'm grateful that my ocd tendencies lead to my world being pretty organized , so packing is faster. And I'm grateful that because I'm single, I'm only packing for me LOL
5. I'm grateful that even though I don't have everything, I somehow always have enough.

Absolutely! Ditto :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tonight I am so very grateful that I live in town now.
And that Sears is literally 3 minutes away.
Also that they had freezers in stock.
Not to mention that I did not lose the whole bunch of meat in the freezer that died.

I am so VERY, VERY grateful!

I feel for you - ours is playing silly games and we sent off our frozen food to friends and family for safe keeping. It's holding okay now and the new one comes next week on Thursday or Friday. Very grateful for my wife sorting all that out while I was at work

Latest posts

Back