Curing Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As others have testified on this site some people discount water and employ methods of drying the soap to speed up the drying process.

Yes, that will speed up the drying process, not the curing process. They are two completely different things.

I was just answering your question...

Yes, but I thought you answered that quite a while ago. I keep trying to end this discussion but you insist on bringing me back in. The evaporation process is a significant part of the curing process and should not be discounted. I will not be posting on this thread again as it serves no purpose.

I always wait 2 months for hard bars and much longer for soft bars made without palm. I can tell when my soap has shrunk some and becomes harder. It just looks ready and seems to say "use me."

Yikes! I'm so sorry that happened to you! Knowing myself, if that happened to me, I would swear off using any of the ingredients in that bar of soap!

Okay so I think we have discussed this to death with a bit of nastiness thrown in so I am going to close this thread. Let's all move on and acknowledge we all have our own opinions.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back