Curing racks for large quantities?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarandOats

Reaction score
What does everyone use for curing or drying racks for large quantities of soap? And do you have pictures? Thx!!!

sugar & oats

I have found bakers racks to be very good and useful. Sorry for no pics, I just moved and things are hectic right now.

I have metal storage racks I purchased from K-Mart (decorative shelving with 5 shelves) and just line the shelves with Rug Hook material and then with some needlepoint plastic over that to allow the aire to circulate and give a good cure. I've bought 4 of them thus far and just used the shelves on 2 of them to make the shelves closer together to allow for lots of curing space.

I use these, they're dehydrator trays which stack and have enough room for the bars cut from one 10-12 inch loaf on each tray, laid on their sides. I had them with my dehydrator, and got extras becaue they're so useful for stacking stuff.

I can then stack 2 sets of 4 trays side-by-side on each shelf on the wire shelf i have, which quadruples my shelf space :)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KNL0I2/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

---------------------
My tablet has a wonky on-screen keyboard with a mind of its own -- ignore the typos :-/

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought this rack and trays @ a month ago,,its kinda spendy,but the advantages are worth it.

IMG_1030 (Small).JPG

IMG_1026 (Small).jpg

IMG_1028 (Small).jpg

IMG_1027 (Small).jpg

Yep those are bakers racks and you can find them sometimes on craigslists. I bought mine from a person selling baking equipment for 55.00 with the metal pans. A steal considering the price new is over 150.00 (not including pans)

Latest posts

Back