Cube soap (aka **** you BB)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow does that look cool. BB is getting some awesome new soap stuff in. I have been eying that vertical wood mold. I have such a small house to add all this soaping equipment too. That mold can't be so smooth they just come out. Do you think the insides slot out?

It seems like they would be bulky and difficult to use. But I have never used a cube before.

Silicone is very flexible, I am sure unmolding is doable.

Thinking of a cube also gives me a bulky feeling. But you sure can make great building blocks for the kids :p

Cavity Size: 5 oz, 2.125" x 2.125" x 1.75"
How is this a cube ?

Fragola said:
Silicone is very flexible, I am sure unmolding is doable.

How is this a cube ?

I'm not here to pass geometry class, it looks like a cube in the picture so I'm calling a cube.

I missed that it was silicone. Still can't see me getting the soap out without mutilating it though.

Maybe give your soap a little more time to harden.

It surely does look like a cube in the picture, but I am guessing it may have something to do with the angle they took the photo.

I made that comment, to avoid the possible disappointment with the unmolded bars not being a cube :)

Just wanted to add that I was looking at silicone ice cube trays on Amazon yesterday. There were a couple like this (not as big). It might be a good way to check it out see if you like that size, if they come out easy, etc. (and get free shipping if you're a Prime member). I think it made 8-10 cubes.

I have the vertical mold, it's rather awkward to use but I like it. I saw the silicone cube mold and almost, almost put it in my wishlist for the next time I order from them. I love BB because they are close to where I live and I get my stuff in one day.

AmyW said:
BB linked this on their facebook page and I WANT I WANT I WANT

http://www.brambleberry.com/Product.asp ... egoryId=79

Never used plastic before though, even with added sodium lactate, what kind of cure before unmolding is needed? And how the heck do you actually get the soap out?
Amy, with silicone they really should just slide out after your nomral "in mold" time. They may need a tiny nudge, but if you turn it upside down and do a small, slow press on the bottom - really, should just slide out. I LOVE my silicone molds. I don't have one like this, but I do have a ton of silicone molds, and they literally slide out most of the time. Sometimes I do have to give them a nudge, but just a tiny bit and not even hard enough to dent the soft soap. :)
HTH - J

Or you could pop them in the freezer for a little bit. That would also help to harden them to demold hehe.

I have something very similar to that! Its called a silicon ice cube tray :p I think I paid $3 each for them at a Meijers grocery store. The openings aren't the exact same size, I think their 1" x 1"'x 1", but I have to wonder if you couldn't find one with closer dimensions by searching the web since novelty ice cubes haven't gone out of style.

ETA: the smaller ones make great guest soaps and you can even do an ITP swirl and still see it well with decent contrasting colors.

LauraHoosier said:
I have something very similar to that! Its called a silicon ice cube tray :p I think I paid $3 each for them at a Meijers grocery store. The openings aren't the exact same size, I think their 1" x 1"'x 1", but I have to wonder if you couldn't find one with closer dimensions by searching the web since novelty ice cubes haven't gone out of style.

ETA: the smaller ones make great guest soaps and you can even do an ITP swirl and still see it well with decent contrasting colors.

I think I know what you are talking about and this is on my shopping list right now so I can make frozen broth cubes from homemade broth. haha :D

never thought of it as a soap mold, what is wrong with me? I may need to buy two...

LOL I knew one would be out there! So if you buy 4 blue ones, the cheapest of the colors, you can make 24 2"x2"x2" soap cubes for under $40 not including shipping which will probably be cheaper the BB's.

Free shipping can't be beat... Thanks for the link, that is awesome! I wonder what else amazon has that can be used... of to window shop :D

Latest posts

Back