Crystal Power

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say the danger would be from the crystaline structure. I think it's a great idea but many people are not familiar with crystals and their properties so if you use a crystal that has a specific purpose, you'd want to include that information. Have you asked your crystals how they feel about the idea? It may be enough to set crystals nearby while curing and storing the soap.

If I were going to use them, I would place the crystal powder in distilled water, set it in sunlight (or moonlight) to let the crystals charge it, then filter the powder out and use that water for my soap. If you worry about the effect of the lye, then use half of the recommended water amount to dissolve the lye, add that to your oils, then use the crystal-water for the other half of your water amount and add it by itself while holding the intention that it keep it's beneficial qualities (or just make the lye water with the same intention, whatever feels right for you.)

Whatever you decide, you sound like the kind of person who realizes you should be the first guinea pig.

I saw a website a while back that put whole crystals in the middle of soaps as embeds. You wouldn't see them of course until the soap was nearly finished, and you'd want to be sure there were no pointy edges to cause scrapes as the soap finally wore down enough to show the crystal, but they were going on the same idea of getting the properties of the crystals into the soaps...

It might be neat to see that sort of idea inside those transparent soaps you're working on...

PS - did you know that cats purr at a healing frequency?

Last edited:
Hey guys i just wanted to update this thread a little bit. I liked the idea about the moonlight. And i was thinking the same thing about putting it into the clear soap.
I was looking threw my gym bag and realized how i came to the idea possibly.
Here it is, this should remove some worry on peoples minds or at least bring up more questions witch would be great.

rby-axe-cool-metal-de.jpg

And the ingredients are : Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamide MEA, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, PPG-9, Menthol, Citric Acid, Laureth-4, Tetrasodium EDTA, Quartz Powder, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

Last edited:
Back