Crumbly hot process soap what went wrong

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 6
It looks like you overcooked it. Also, you didn't use enough water for HP. Generally you want to use 3:1. 33% is good for CP. And you have a lot of CO so it may be a bit drying to a lot of people. I don't generally use more than 20% or so depending on the recipe.

I think maybe you cooked too long. I would also use more water next time. Did you zap test it?
I did zap test it a couple times that’s why I ended up overcooking it🤦‍♀️

It looks like you overcooked it. Also, you didn't use enough water for HP. Generally you want to use 3:1. 33% is good for CP. And you have a lot of CO so it may be a bit drying to a lot of people. I don't generally use more than 20% or so depending on the recipe.
Thank you for your feedback are you interpreting CO for castor oil or coconut oil

[/QUOTE
Can I rebatch this soap and add more water although it’s overcooked or is it ruined for good

Back