confetti soap question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennikate

Reaction score
Hi all . Ok I have a quick question for ya'll. when making the base for confetti soap how big do you make that batch? I know I want to add confetti at pretty thick trace so stays mixed thruout soap. Also how cured should I let chunks get before using? Thanks in advance. Jenn

Confetti soaps are pretty forgiving. And they are a very good way to turn your mistakes into something wonderful. I have overcolored or overscented a couple of batches and grating those into an uncolored/unscented batch made some of my favorite soaps.

How much you use is up to your preference. Last night I grated 4 bars (4.5oz each) into a new 2KG batch. This makes for a pretty dense confetti which works well in this case because the confetti is large shredded and 2 intense shades of green against a base of plain white (used a little TD).

Others I have done were more subtle with a very thin shred mixed lightly into a similar color.

So play... have fun!

When I use chunks, I cut them the next day and make soap right away so they cure at the same rate. Not sure that matters.

Back