colorful swirls

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi:

I have failed to swirl after two attempts. I don't see that you have any more "to go" to achieve an ultimate swirl. These look great.

You kick swirl.

Those are really nice. I've been wanting to try those colorants- just haven't done it yet. Your swirls are awesome and I love the contrasting colors!

I agree with everyone else, I think you are already there!

Those look great.

Thanks so much! The one on the far right is coconut lime verbena not my favorite scent, but the one on the far left on the other hand is peaks black raspberry vanilla and it smells WONDERFUL! I will purchase it again...(in a big bottle lol)

C'mon,those swirls are pretty darn good! The black raspberry is really lovely. 8)
PopMica's are my favourite colours.Really intense when you want them to be but can acheive some beautiful pastel & muted tones too.Plus they're a breeze to work with.
What did you use for the black? I have a bleep of a time with black,yrs looks good...

those are very pretty swirls!! you look like a professional to me. :wink: the BRV is a very nice color for that fragrance, too.

Help!!!!!

Sorry bout that.... I'm having issues uploading the photo!!!!
Can anyone give me a tutorial on how to make my picture show up right in my reply without a link? Ugh!!! Thanks! :cry:

swirly girlies

Hazel- were those all ITP swirls?
Your far left picture is really pretty- I love the thin swirly swirls-- The one I posted had some 'chunkier' sections- was hoping for a little more even... which means, YEAH! I get to make more soap!! (if I had perfected it- the fun would be over). :) How did you get your pic to post right on your comment?

Re: swirly girlies

Best Natural Soap said:
Hazel- were those all ITP swirls?

I don't know what you mean by ITP swirls.

I really like everyone's swirled soap on this thread. Maybe it would help if I got some pop micas, too. I'm just using what I have around the house which is some liquid lakes and some herbal powders.

Swirling

oops- sorry-
ITP is "In The Pot" (such a technical acronym for something so basic!). It's just another method. I guess the other option would be ITM (in the mold)?
I've done that too, alternately pouring my different colors, and giving a quick swirl with a skewer or whisk- but I find that with that, I have to work faster so the batter doesn't get too thick before I'm done.

gekko62 said:
C'mon,those swirls are pretty darn good! The black raspberry is really lovely. 8)
PopMica's are my favourite colours.Really intense when you want them to be but can acheive some beautiful pastel & muted tones too.Plus they're a breeze to work with.
What did you use for the black? I have a bleep of a time with black,yrs looks good...
Thanks, I ordered the black mica as my add on when I ordered my pop micas. But if you notice only touches of it here and there are black, most of it is really just various shades of gray. Still pretty though. This was also my 4th attempt (since ordering the micas) at itps so it was looking a little better than the first three. :)

I checked out your link Best Natural Soap, and I love your swirls, I love the colors you used too!

Latest posts

Back