color heavy soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soaptrotter

Reaction score
I have seen some very nice looking M&P soaps made on U-tube, some with a mix of up to 4-5 different colors, making a kaleidoscope effect (there are several of these videos), the effect is very nice, but when the soaper removes it from its mold, a lot of color stayed behind and heavily stained bottom the mold (it looked like the soap was so saturated in color it leaked out of the soap)........... It left me to wonder, can a very heavily colored bar of M&P stain the soap dish it is left in? like an wood soap dish, or a white counter its left on? If it got on clothing, like a white sleeves when washing hands, can it stain clothing? :shock:

If a heavily colored M&P soap can stain, would that stain be permanent?. like real strawberry's can stain a counter? and like blueberry's can stain clothing?

Thanks in advance for any comments, Im just very curious about this.

I did some more research and have found some information from Brambleberry. Apparently Lab Color does stain hands, clothing and porous surfaces. I will be using a blue Lab color this weekend, and hope for an intense blue, and will find out first hand just how much it will actually stain, after its in the soap. I will also do a little experiment with mica:D cant wait to see the results!

Back