colloidal oatmeal sources?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paillo

Reaction score
descriptions vary, but it does sound like colloidal oatmeal is different from finely-ground rolled oats. has anyone found a source for the colloidal variety? the ill-advised saratoga scents was the only one i found.

want to make some pet soap for sensitive doggie skin and it's a key ingredient in my vet-prescribed soap. want to use emu oil and goat milk, etc. as well, and just a little bit of eo.

I don't know how much you want quantity wise, but they sell Avena brand (and possibly generic brands) at all my local pharmacies (Rite Aid, Walgreens, CVS, even the small family owned places). I don't know which isle, but my husband used it for his poison ivy, and I have used it for chicken pox.

I guess I wouldn't bet my life on it, but I'm pretty darn sure all collidal oatmeal is, is FINELY ground oatmeal...

I really don't think there is any 'difference'....

That is what it is. It's regular oats (not instant) ground up finely, if you can grind it yourself you'll save some money!

Go to your grocery store and buy Baby oatmeal in the Baby Section.... or Oat flour. Colloidal Oatmeal is the INCI term for Oatmeal Powder.

Yep, what the others have said. All oatmeal is colloidal. What is sold as colloidal oatmeal is just finely ground oatmeal. Just buy oat flour (Bob's Red Mill is one, if you don't need much) or regular oatmeal and grind, sift, grind, sift, until it's what you want. I just did a bunch in the blender earlier this week. I always have a bit leftover that is coarse and won't grind down any further. So, I set that aside and use in my gardener's soap along with some pumice.

dottie

I buy it in bags in the pharmacy section at walmart (etc).. Dr. Teals is the brand and it is not expensive..

Latest posts

Back