Cold pressed soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Short answer: no.

Long answer:
Curing soap is more than just allowing extra water to evaporate while the soap hardens. There are chemical changes that affect the structure of the soap molecules while they rearrange and settle down. I think this is the reason that soaps get better as they age (but I’m not a scientist who can say it for sure). There is just something special about a soap that’s allowed to cure properly. To me, the changes are nothing short of magic

Are you referring to Cold Process soap? That is the process by where you mix the ingredients and then pour into a mold and let set until the soap is hard. HP is hot process soap, a process in which the soap is heated to force saponification. The answer to your question is still no. Soap from both processes need to cure to become milder and longer lasting.

No shortcut to cure. As BattleGnome pointed out, curing soap is more than just the evaporation of liquids. It a chemical change taking place, which takes time. And nothing can take it's place.
It will get harder faster in hot arid climates, but will not cure faster. It will still take the 4-6 weeks standard, to cure. If you are using a high percentage of Olive Oil, or making a salt bar, the cure (to get the best bar) can be even significantly longer.

Latest posts

Back