Coffee soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherrydene soapy

Reaction score
448D2521-FC2B-4BE4-9138-24B9468DD7E9.jpeg
my first attempt at coffee soap, used the coffee instead of my distilled water. Spilt if a small amount to mix some TD then did a drop swirl. Then used melt and pour coloured with coffee mica to make the coffee beans on top. Really pleased with it. Used some of the coffee grains and mixed into the main batch. Didn’t scent it. :)

View attachment 38098 my first attempt at coffee soap, used the coffee instead of my distilled water. Spilt if a small amount to mix some TD then did a drop swirl. Then used melt and pour coloured with coffee mica to make the coffee beans on top. Really pleased with it. Used some of the coffee grains and mixed into the main batch. Didn’t scent it. :)
Very nice! I love how it looks so creamy. Mine never look like that because I let them gel. I also like the contrast of the grounds in the dark part with the pure white in the other.

Did you find that the coffee reacted with the lye and made a bit of a burnt-coffee smell? I did a batch a couple of weeks ago and it had a very acrid smell for about a week. As it cures, though, the burnt smell is going away and the coffee smell remains.

Did you find that the coffee reacted with the lye and made a bit of a burnt-coffee smell? I did a batch a couple of weeks ago and it had a very acrid smell for about a week. As it cures, though, the burnt smell is going away and the coffee smell remains.

oh coffee and cocoa are absolutely horrible at first--I was pre-warned about it, otherwise I would have chucked it. but it came out to be the best soap

Yes my smelled slightly but only coffee smell now xx

I want to eat this! Well done! Yeah, I'm glad I was also warned about the bad smell mixing brewed coffee with lye and thankfully the smell was gone by the time I unmolded.

I’ve made several coffee batches and none smell bad, only the mix with the lye, they all smell, well like the coffee FO that I used.

oh coffee and cocoa are absolutely horrible at first--I was pre-warned about it, otherwise I would have chucked it. but it came out to be the best soap
I am so happy to have seen this post today! Lol made a coffee batch last night and even used a scented oil with it, with using brewed coffee as colorant, and woof! The scented oil was bombarded by the burnt coffee smell completely! Now I know to give it some time! Because it came out super cute! Lol so thank you!

Latest posts

Back