Coffee fragrance oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I make a coffee scented bar with coffee grounds, coffee, and cocoa butter that I dearly love, however, the scent that I use - Crafter's Choice "Fresh Brewed Coffee" - fragrance oil, accelerates...

I HATE that, even though I'm prepared for it. any one have a fragrance oil that they recommend that doesn't accelerate? I mean, one that smells like coffee even after a year?

Thanks so much, my friends!

Brambleberry espresso holds decently well. I’m using a bar that’s over 2 years old and it still has some scent but it has morphed a bit. It’s smooshed into a berry scented bar do I’m not sure how much is which bar

Candle Science makes a hazelnut coffee that holds pass the 6 month mark. I've tested it and BrambleBerry's Espresso. They were both easy to work with and have held pass the 6 month mark. It just depends how you like your coffee lol! I like them both - straight espresso and the creamer hazelnut coffee fragrance.

Natures garden has a fresh brewed coffee FO that smells just like coffee. No sweet, no chocolate, just coffee.
I don't know how well it holds in soap, I use it in lotion.

ETA: never mind, apparently it fades in just a few days in soap.

Why didn't I search for a Coffee thread before I tried to make coffee soap? Oh well, here are the results:

Crafter's Choice Fresh Brewed Coffee FO--smells like sweet coffee with creamer.
Lone Star Candles Coffee FO--definitely coffee fresh from the pot.

I mixed the two fragrances at 2 CC:1 LS. Weight of FO per Soapmaker Friend calculator based on total weight of oils. I used brewed coffee in place of water and added the grounds at trace.

The result is something that smells like coffee cake--sweet, and scarcely a hint of coffee. Color is like coffee with milk in it--exactly as I expected.

I was gunning for a fresh, float a horseshoe in it, coffee scent, but no joy. Next time, I'll search the forum before ordering FOs!

Addendum: I just looked at the fragrance oil reviews on Lone Star--seems for candles, there is no 'throw'--I think that means no scent when burning. Maybe coffee is just an illusive beast when it comes to fragrances.

I can only advise against caramel coffee from Nurture Soaps. Smells only of caramel after 4 weeks. It's nice and strong but no hint of coffee. It did behave very well.
I know this is an older post but still thought to reach out. Did you anchor this fragrance with clay? Just curious because this FO comes recommended a lot by some of the "big" soapers. I just made some last night and cut today. Doesn't particularly smell of either coffee or caramel but I did anchor and am hopeful that something come of it. Appreciate your thoughts 😊

Latest posts

Back