Coconut OIl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinity

Reaction score
Since I now know that coconut oil is used in almost every recipe I will need allot. My first jar I bought at a health food store and it was 23 dollars for 2 pounds. Well that is almost gone...... Now I see that there are allot of options for coconut oil like fractionated which I have no idea of what that means, 92 degrees and 72 I think it was. Can someone help me as to which oil works the best for CP soap? I want to buy it online in bulk and is there a site that is better then others? I was thinking about ordering from Bulk Apothacary ...... Thanks so much

I recommend Soaper's Choice for bulk oils, they have competitive prices and quality product. As for which one to use, mostly that's a matter of opinion. Fractionated Coconut oil has the lauric acid removed to help prevent rancidity. The 92 and 72 just represent at which temperature the oil turns into liquid form. I prefer the 72 degree, it's the most cost efficient for me.

www.soaperschoice.com

Fractionated coconut oil is a clear liquid and will behave completely differently in soap, that is probably not what you want. I would recommend the 76 degree, and you can buy the luana brand at walmart and most grocery stores, it is $6 for 30oz. If you want to order larger quantities online, I would recommend either soaper's choice or wholesale supplies plus.

Welcome to the forum.

I order my coconut oil from Wholesale Supplies Plus. I believe that the most common is the 76 degree melt, coconut oil, but I could be wrong on that. That is what I have been using. I do know that they have different properties when using them on soapcalc, so you want to make sure that you enter it properly when you are checking your recipe. I like WSP because the shipping is free if you spend more then $30 and I can buy larger containers (well, relatively) of my oils and not have to worry about the added costs.

Latest posts

Back