Coconut Oil Yellow Color????

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngelMomma

Reaction score
I ordered some coconut oil from Soaperschoice. Its the first time I have ever ordered from them. And its the first time I have ever seen coconut oil that has this yellow-ish color. ?????? :shock::shock::shock: It has absolutely no odor and has the right texture. Does anyone else order their CO from soaperschoice and have it this color? I want to make soap so bad! But I don't want to use a CO that will mess it up. This certainly will not give me a very white base soap. Its kind of irritating.

The color is actually more yellow even than the picture shows.....cell phone :problem:

IMG_20131207_073530.jpg

Soaperschoice is where I get most of my oils including coconut. I have only used 76 degree as it is cheapest but have never had a problem. As you can see it is somewhat yellow (amber?) when liquid. It appears more of a white when solid. Jump right in and enjoy your soapmaking.

Last edited:
I am really worried though that if I use this to make my "WHITE" soap that is unscented and has no additives like TD or something like that.......that the end result will be a completely different color than previously with the coconut 76 from WSP. Some people think if the look of something changes......then you changed something, or are not being honest about what you put in your soap :-? I may have to make a batch and compare. I am going to take a pic also of the two different kinds side by side. The coconut76 from WSP also looks kind of yellow when its melted, but looks pure white when solid.

I am really worried though that if I use this to make my "WHITE" soap that is unscented and has no additives like TD or something like that.......that the end result will be a completely different color than previously with the coconut 76 from WSP. Some people think if the look of something changes......then you changed something, or are not being honest about what you put in your soap :-? I may have to make a batch and compare. I am going to take a pic also of the two different kinds side by side. The coconut76 from WSP also looks kind of yellow when its melted, but looks pure white when solid.

Throw it in the fridge for an hour? The materials are changed when we make soap so I'm not entirely sure if you can count on something that goes in white coming out white. My buttermilk soap turns out an almost brown color without any thing that's much more than yellow. Maybe you could do a single bar test with the CO straight to see?

Well, its a 5 gal bucket.....My fridge isn't that big. Hahaha! But its pretty solid already, though I don't know how chilling it would change it.

Well, its a 5 gal bucket.....My fridge isn't that big. Hahaha! But its pretty solid already, though I don't know how chilling it would change it.

I was just thinking it was headed toward liquid and maybe that was making it appear more yellow, but I just checked a jar of mine that was sitting on the table all night and the thin liquid on the top is pretty dang clear.

I am planning on make some soap with this in awhile. Hope everything goes ok. Here is a couple of pics with some of the WSP coconut76 on a square of wax paper. Big difference in color.

2013-12-07_11-20-04_811.jpg

2013-12-07_11-20-37_838.jpg

The coconut oil I use from bramble berry look a little bit yellow I will look for it and take a picture I made a batch of uncolored and unscented soap using it the color came our pretty white. You mentioned yours look more yellow in person mins look like the one in the picture

Yes. It is much more yellow in person than ANY of the pictures.

I am curious if anyone elses from soaperschoice is this yellow when its solid. Its not very warm in here so all the CO is solid.

Back