Coconut milk soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coconut milk soap question

When using Coconut Milk Powder, how much CMP do you use if your recipe calls for 16 oz. of water? My CMP says to use 1 TBSP in 8 fl.oz. of water. Is this how you would use CMP for a 100% CM recipe? If you want a little more lather, would you use a 3% lye discount and 1 TBSP of regular sugar PPO alone with the CMP?

Re: Coconut milk soap question

SOI Natural said:
When using Coconut Milk Powder, how much CMP do you use if your recipe calls for 16 oz. of water? My CMP says to use 1 TBSP in 8 fl.oz. of water. Is this how you would use CMP for a 100% CM recipe? If you want a little more lather, would you use a 3% lye discount and 1 TBSP of regular sugar PPO alone with the CMP?

If your package says to use 1 tbsp. per each 8 oz water, then, yes, I would go ahead and use 2 tbsp. for the total 16 oz. of water for your batch to make your soap a 100% CM batch.

Also, if it were my soap, I would reduce my superfat to 3% (if you don't want your bubbly lather to be diminished).

I also use 1 tbsp. of sugar ppo in all my batches, even my milk batches.

IrishLass :)

Re: Coconut milk soap question

IrishLass said:
SOI Natural said:

If your package says to use 1 tbsp. per each 8 oz water, then, yes, I would go ahead and use 2 tbsp. for the total 16 oz. of water for your batch to make your soap a 100% CM batch.

Also, if it were my soap, I would reduce my superfat to 3% (if you don't want your bubbly lather to be diminished).

I also use 1 tbsp. of sugar ppo in all my batches, even my milk batches.

IrishLass :)

thank you for the info. i'm going to give it a try when i make my next batch...

Latest posts

Back