Coconut Milk- Liquid or Powder

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have a different Silk milk than I have. The ingredients in mine are much simpler: coconut milk, filtered water, coconut cream, cane sugar, natural flavors, guar gum, and carrageenen. I don't have any problems with it. Also, if you check out the ingredients of some of the canned you will see they also have added flavorings and preservatives. The only natural coconut milk you would have to make yourself.

The canned is thicker but its concentrated and more expensive and I have yet to see one without additives. I get more milk for my money buying the carton and I like it in my soap.

You have a different Silk milk than I have. The ingredients in mine are much simpler: coconut milk, filtered water, coconut cream, cane sugar, natural flavors, guar gum, and carrageenen. I don't have any problems with it. Also, if you check out the ingredients of some of the canned you will see they also have added flavorings and preservatives. The only natural coconut milk you would have to make yourself.

The canned is thicker but its concentrated and more expensive and I have yet to see one without additives. I get more milk for my money buying the carton and I like it in my soap.

I was referring to the unsweetened version of Silk as opposed to the sweetened one.

Just goes to show you that market conditions vary from place to place. It is much cheaper for me to buy addititve-free canned coconut milk than Silk. Nor do I want to have to put guar gum, carageenan and sugar on my soap ingredients label. However, as Silk seems to be cheaper than the alternative in your region, it makes sense to use it. I'm glad it works for you.

To answer the original poster: 1) your soap looks creamy and beautiful 2) I actually prefer to use the powder - I stick blend it into my oils before adding my lye solution and voilá, done. Easy peasy.

I was referring to the unsweetened version of Silk as opposed to the sweetened one.

Just goes to show you that market conditions vary from place to place. It is much cheaper for me to buy addititve-free canned coconut milk than Silk. Nor do I want to have to put guar gum, carageenan and sugar on my soap ingredients label. However, as Silk seems to be cheaper than the alternative in your region, it makes sense to use it. I'm glad it works for you.

To answer the original poster: 1) your soap looks creamy and beautiful 2) I actually prefer to use the powder - I stick blend it into my oils before adding my lye solution and voilá, done. Easy peasy.

I have looked into buying the powder before but it is kinda pricey. How much do you use PPO?

Wow thats a lot cheaper! I wonder about the milk proteins though. My hubby is vegan and its strange that it contains more than dehydrated CM

Back