"COCONUT ICE" - 80% Coconut Oil Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topcat

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am developing a range of soap to appeal to young girls (and the young at heart :wink: ) based on very sweet ideas. This is my first attempt at 'Coconut Ice'.....I used 80% CO and 20% Shea Butter with coconut milk powder added to my oils, superfatted at 20%. My fragrance is a 50:50 blend of Baby Powder FO & Pink Grapefruit EO and smells divine! I was hoping for a whiter base colour so I think I will add some TD to the next batch. I have tested some trimmings this morning and so far the lather is both bubbly AND creamy - methinks the shea has something to do with that. Yes, the pink is that bright! I was visualising something a touch paler and accidentally squeezed the bottle a bit too hard :shock:

Thanks for looking!

The20thBatch001.jpg

The20thBatch002.jpg

The20thBatch007.jpg

Tanya :) :shock:

Tanya - that is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!! I love the colour and the bottom has almost a transulcent look to it.....absolutely fantastic....

WOW, those look awesome! I love how vibrant that pink is!

Pink and purple are my favorites .. I ADORE it!! I love it .. I have soap envy.

Oh, thank you so much, people!

Lindy - you are actually on the right track.....I shaved and trimmed these soaps and the trimmings are almost see-through. That may be why the white effect I was after didn't quite happen. Adding TD will cloud up the batter and lighten it. Oh and they smell divine - did I say? :lol:

Tanya :)

heartsong said:
coconut ice is HOT!!! love the pink-is it the neon pink? i like the "coat-hanger" technique. good job!!

Heartsong - I am not sure how this colour correlates to those available in the US and Canada....it is called "Brites for CP (liquid) - Pink" and I bought it from Aussie Soap Supplies over here. It is a wonderful true soap colour and a little goes a looooong way, so I have found out :wink:

Here is a link to their page for it so you can read it for yourself:-

http://www.aussiesoapsupplies.com.au/BR ... pr-40.html

Perfect! I don't see anything wrong with it! I think the girls will love it!

L

The soap looks yummy.....

My teenage granddaughter picked out that same color pink for the icing on her birthday cake, so it will appeal to young girls ( and old as well!)

Okay Heartsong - I have found out what my colour compares to elsewhere in the world of soaping. Here is a quote from my supplier responding to my email enquiry:-

"The Brites for CP are similar pigments to the USA "neons", but these are Japanese colours and all cosmetic grade. In the US soap is not classified as a cosmetic, and many of those type of colours are not cosmetic grade (or at least they never used to be) in Australia it is a cosmetic, so our colours need to be suitable for this use.

I believe select shades are all water soluble dyes.......but this is a far distant memory as I seem to recall they are similar to BB's lab colours. Dyes will fade in sunlight and under fluoro's, but the brites are pigments and won't fade or bleed."

HTH!

I haven't tried it yet...lol....it is only 9 days old and I have sooooo many other soaps in my shower already!!! I plan on giving it a test drive at the 2 week mark and will report back :wink:

Back