Coal Soap! ( Pics Added )

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll have a blast! The charcoal dust can be a bit messy during clean up, but it's well worth it. I get mine from Soap Making Resources online. It seems to be ground very fine and doesn't clump at all. I just mix with a little olive oil to make a slurry before adding it at a light trace. I also add any scent while the charcoal is sitting in the oil too. I think I'm actually going to do a tutorial on my website soon. If I get real ambitious (and can find a video camera) I might even make a video :). Funny... I never would have imagined I'd be making soap a few years ago.. let alone themed soaps :shock:

Are you going to let them cure before wrapping and selling them at your show this weekend ? I thought you only made them a few days ago. :?

Coal Soap! ( Pics Added )

by unclejonssoap » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:13 pm

Hi all. I just finished making a batch of coal soap for christmas. I used activated charcoal in my normal recipe to get an all black soap. Once it comes out of the mold, I will cut it into irregular pieces and place the chunks into small bags as stocking stuffers. This is going to be fun I'll try to get some pics up when it's cut.
unclejonssoapNewbie

While I do try to let everything go the full cure time, these will be fine being sold early. I sell with a disclaimer on them that they are safe to use, but should be allowed to sit for an additional 3-4 weeks to harden up. The packaging is just burlap, so there's plenty of airflow.

Thats some pretty authentic looking lump of coal soap, your receivers of the gifts will love them Im sure. Fantastic artistic creation!

Thanks! I already have enough orders that I need to make more. I'm hoping the holiday season will pull us out of the hole after a slow craft show season.

Second batch all cut up :)

2nd batch of coal soap.jpg

What a great idea making coal soap for Christmas! :D Both batches look fantastic and like a lot of fun to make and use.

It is a lot fun. I really like carving it. I'm starting to wonder how it would be to actually make a block of soap and carve it into something cool :) It would make a great conversation starter at shows...lol.

Latest posts

Back