Cleaning up after lotion making

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krzybo

Reaction score
How do you clean your containers after making lotions and lip balms? I end up with oily glass containers that I cannot get clean. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I wipe them out really well while they are still hot. Then run through the dishwasher.

I don't have a dishwasher. I wipe them out the best I can and then use hot water and a LOT of soap (err, dishwashing liquid).

I haven't made lotion yet, but in general, when I have lots of oily containers (glass or otherwise), I wipe them out with a paper towel (to remove as much of the greasy material as possible), and then, I apply dishwashing liquid directly to the container and rub it around with my fingers. It works wonders - I'm not sure why, but it does.

I always have a spray bottle of cheap alcohol near by for sanitizing. Any oily residue comes off easily with alcohol. I wash first, then use alcohol. I find this also helps to keep the untensils clean as i'm going. :)

Thanks so much. I really love this site because you never make us newbies feel stupid. I never thought about wiping them out before washing them and it really works. :oops:

Back