Class of 2018 – Thank You!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
To all the SMF Newbies that joined in 2018, you are a delight! You have brought so much light, love, laughter and learning into the daily conversations at SMF, that I just felt the need to say “Thank you”. Whenever I need a boost, I know I can go into Soapy Stuff and not be disappointed. It brings back warm memories of the early days of when it was all new to me (2004) and every day was a new challenge, a new discovery, a way to grow and develop my skills. It does my heart good. Soapy Stuff is a welcoming playground. The class of 2019 is lucky to have you. :nodding:

Thank You.gif
For liking my post!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am an alumni of the class of 2018. I’ve been soaping for a lil over a yr. Although the learning curve is less steep now, the journey continues. I’ve met some great traveling companions along the way.

upload_2019-3-31_14-32-59.gif

Sorry...can’t resist a pop cullture ref. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Why, thank you so much, Zany! :D

I've wanted to mention this for a while, now, how I appreciate the old posts so much -- 2011 to 2014, when there was sooo much learning, experimentation, and lots of technical stuff being discussed ('science galore'), so we REALLY should be thanking YOU and all the soapers who contributed to those very lively threads in what I have come to feel is the real meat and hey-day of this forum. My searches always lead to results from those core years. :cool:

Not that I think SMF's day is done ... no no... But the old timers no longer have these questions, and the new soapers don't know enough to ask them yet. I'm so appreciative of the great resource we have here at our fingertips!

Stay zany, my friend! :thumbs:

Its been a tough time for me these past few years lots and lots of massive challenges for me to overcome servere depression and anxiety being the biggest and i finially feel like im going in the right direction partly because and this might sound backwards but im now finially unemployed as of today! And in a big part i have both the forums and certain specific members for listening when i need a rant particually in inbox messages without judgement. But it means and helps alot that people are there to listen and more often than not probably humour me too but thats fine because honestly its the freedom to rant that helps. But the love for crafting i have found in the past 2 years iv spent off sick from work has been a truely wonderful journey. Iv got a beehive which i love looking after until the little moody buggers attacked me. And then learning how to make candles and soaps has been probably the best parts of this crafting journey. Something i feel blessed for finding and learning that i enjoy so much something that this forum has made an even more enjoyable process if anyone who struggles with simular and is reading this i would strongly suggest that you try find something that serves as a release and break from the outside world of stress and frustrations. and to think i only started making soap although be it melt and pour because i wanted to make my sister and her husband some unique hand made wedding gifts wierd how little ideas like that can lead to such an unusual hobby in the grand scheme of things and something i very likely wouldnt of continued with had it not have been for the encouragment and vast knowledge by the forum members and actually my sisters suggestion when i gave her the soaps. granted my soaping mojo has lacked enthusiasm in the past month but my candle making and testing has been pretty intense so its swings and roundabouts. Thank you for all the support and fun this forum has provided in all ways possible. I know that was a pretty **** long thank you lol just imagine what @Dawni has had to deal with being the main person that pretended to read all my rants :D

Just saw ur post. Glad we’re in the same class!
View attachment 37995
Likewise, dude ;)
I know that was a pretty **** long thank you lol just imagine what @Dawni has had to deal with being the main person that pretended to read all my rants :D
Oye I don't pretend! I love reading novels lol you know you can write me some anytime :D
Aw, Chris, thank you for sharing. My heart goes out to you. I'm glad Dawni was there for you. We have that in common. She's what we call "a keeper". :thumbs: :D
Awww shucks.. hugshugshugs @Zany_in_CO!

Awww Zingy! I love you too matey, didn't realise you were in the 2018 class too - thought you'd been around for a while (y'know, tearing your hair out).;)
My top picks include someone whose username starts with the letter K...

@Zing it's almost your forum anniversary! Hehe.. For some reason I also thought you'd been here a while.

Latest posts

Back