Christmas Culinary Traditions?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You just go ask at the counter. The last time I bought one, I paid $3, and got 8 oz good sized slices for sandwiches on top of the 16 oz meat that then came off the bone. They leave a LOT of meat on those. I love those in beans/peas. Just the best flavor.

Heck I am still making the stuffing for the Xmas Eve pierogies with sauerkraut and brown mushroom. The ones with cheese and potato are already frozen, the other ones strictly with mushroom fried on butter with onions are frozen, I serve them with clear beet soup :)

You just go ask at the counter. The last time I bought one, I paid $3, and got 8 oz good sized slices for sandwiches on top of the 16 oz meat that then came off the bone. They leave a LOT of meat on those. I love those in beans/peas. Just the best flavor.

That is awesome, we also do black eyed peas for New Years. My mother in law makes them every year. I will have to add the cabbage element too, didn't know about that one.

Oyster stew. Thinking about it makes me miss my mom even more than usual. Almost ten years since she's been gone, and longer since I had her stew for the very last time.:(

When I was reading this post, it brought tears to my eyes. I am sorry you lost your mom. I am thankful to still have my mom, even if she is not all healthy. Her health has been declining slowly(just had a stoke) and I worry someday I won't have someone whom I can call "mom". Perhaps you want to make her the oyster stew this year so you can pass down her tradition...

We have a hope to reunite with our love ones again someday and that always comforts me(I lost two of my beloved ones). Wish you a Merry Christmas CaraBou!

Latest posts

Back