Christmas Eve_Only My Family...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
for over 60 yrs our family has always had Santa Claus for the kids visit on Christmas Eve. It was hysterical last night we had the Easter Bunny with Santa Clause this year. :D

The back story to this is, my cousin's daughter, the sheriff in the family, recently eloped with her longtime sheriff friend. John has been trying for 15 yrs and finally won her over. When she broke off with him 2 yrs ago he kept close contact with her mom and step-dad even purchasing a vacation home on the same block at the Colorado River as mom and step-dad. Well 3 months ago the 4 of them were at the river and she and John left for the day to run errands returning to inform mom that by the way, we got married mom while we were out running errands!! Persistence pays off. I remember when he first wormed his way in has her boyfriend when he bought her a beautiful little puppy for Christmas. That puppy is now gone and a new one is there along with John. :lol:

Apparently, my cousin had thoughts of giving up the tradition of not having Santa anymore and John thought it was horrific to give up the tradition after so many years. The reason for the Easter Bunny was our regular Santa was not going to play Santa and since John thought it was such a bad idea to give it up it he got himself nominated. So he decided if he had to do Santa so did Lynette, he new bride! Hence the bunny, which she always plays at Easter. It was priceless, and he was one of the best Santa's we ever had!!:D

Latest posts

Back