Christmas 2014

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am finishing up my big push for the fall shows that start in a few weeks!

Right now I have 300 bars curing and I am out of space! But I still have at least 3 more batches to make.

My sister and I did a few farmers markets this summer and found one new customer who purchased $250 worth if product in the last few weeks. If only my wholesale accounts did so well.

I'm with you, Hazel. Not starting mine until next weekend. Still waiting for my fragrances to come in. Should be here tomorrow. :smile:

Haven't done any soaping since mid-june before moving. This thread is giving me a bit of a conniption about making my Christmas gifts this year...

Made my second Christmas soap yesterday, slowly but surely getting them done.

My first one is Cranberry Fig. I have it haunting me in my closet. But I really want some color for it. A nice purple red maybe. Guess I am not starting yet... :rolleyes:

I feel like such a slacker. :oops:

Congrats on your big sale!

Ha - I have been soaping like crazy and am tired of making the same soaps over and over and over and over again! Dirty Hippie is one of the most popular blends and I have around 80 bars curing. I'm so tired of the smell of patchouli. *sigh* It definitely is a good problem to have though.

I would certainly love to have this problem. :lol:

My sister is a stay at home mom of 4 and the marketing arm. Her ADD is worse than mine and she makes all of the lotions that are ready in a day or so. I just chug along making soap to fulfill the promises she makes... 6-8 weeks in advance.

What? You want to do the farmers market, several home shows, add another wholesale account, plus the normal craft shows?

No problem, as a single mother of two kids, working full time, renovating a 1942 cape cod that was last updated in 1985. Oh, and I am headed into custody battles with the ex bc he is foolish beyond words.

Good times! :)

Hopefully tonight I have the energy to make an experimental batch with cocoa butter in it scented with peppermint and swirled with cocoa powder.

Gah, I went to make the soap, only to discover I am completely out of peppermint.

Whoops! I'm sorry I offended you. I should have quoted the entire comment and not just the part about the problem.

Ha - I have been soaping like crazy and am tired of making the same soaps over and over and over and over again! Dirty Hippie is one of the most popular blends and I have around 80 bars curing. I'm so tired of the smell of patchouli. *sigh* It definitely is a good problem to have though.

I meant it would be nice to have the "problem" of one scent which was so popular.

Oh no, I'm not offended at all.

Exhausted ;) but not offended. I understood your comment as a compliment.

It *is* a good problem. I'm just not that fond of patchouli myself and really dislike lavender, the two EO I use in it.

So, 80 odd bars and 3 batches later, I am hopeful it is enough for the season.

Today, I hauled 4 batches of soap to someone else's house to cure because I was out of room. Again, a GREAT problem to have!

I am grateful that these are my soaping woes! :)

I'm glad I didn't upset you. I'm also not fond of patchouli but I do like it blended with a few other scents.. My sister hates patch. I mean really, intensely hates it. But she loves a fruit blend I made with a little patch in it.

Relle, that pic isn't really motivating me to make soap or do anything else for that matter. I'm pretty sure Christmas will look nothing like that where I live. Oh wait -- is that snow that the message is carved in, and glacial ice melt behind it??

I haven't started any holiday soaps yet either. I've just been too busy keeping up with re-stocks from my shows. Hopefully after my 2 day show over Labor Day I can start getting my holiday stuff going for the fall shows. I just keep remininding myself that it's a good thing I love doing this. I just wish my full-time job didn't get in the way so much.

I'm glad I didn't upset you. I'm also not fond of patchouli but I do like it blended with a few other scents.. My sister hates patch. I mean really, intensely hates it. But she loves a fruit blend I made with a little patch in it.

It is funny, when I made my patchouli soap I didn't care for the smell. I decided to use it in the shower and I fell in love with it!!! wth?? The scent stays on my skin most of the day. Go figure....

I was also surprised by how long the scent lasts. It's hard to believe that I've gone from hating patchouli to trying to develop new blends with it.

Back