Chocolate soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thyri

Reaction score
Okay, so I have a 13 year old daughter who I'm teaching old fashioned skills, soapmaking being one of them :) So like most girls her age obsessed with chocolate, I thought that for her and her friends- she might like to make a chocolate soap.

Does someone have a TNT recipe they'd be willing to share with me for chocolate soap?

I've heard of people adding Cocoa powder to their soaps - does this discolour bubbles when the soap is used?

I have an idea for some fun soaps to make with my daughter- and thought a chocolate one would be a fun place to start with her. If you're worried about releasing lye amounts here - feel free to PM me. I'm quite capable of using a lye calculator to double check your amounts are right :)

Thankyou in advance :)

All I did to make a chocolate soap was to add brown oxide to the mix and swirl,then a FO in chocolate scent. I haven't used it yet so can't tell you about the bubbles. Not sure if you wanted to use actual chocolate in the soap - can't help with that. Have a look in the photo gallery under - anyone for Chocolate to see my photos.

Relle.

I made a really yummy chocolate soap. I used some mixture of olive, palm and coconut, along with 10% castor oil and 10% cocoa butter (unrefined, so it has that great chocolate scent). I don't have my notes here with me and I don't remember the exact recipe. Also, I added a chocolate FO from WSP. It came out sooooo yummy smelling. It's slightly nutty - smells like Nutella, actually, and the castor helps it lather really well.

My son's favorite is chocolate mint, so I make it often. but i don't use a special recipe---just my normal one that I use chocolate FO and cocoa powder in. (One TBSP for my 1000 gr recipe) The first time I used melted chocolate, but that is more work and does not seem to be a whole lot different.

Sounds like a fun project--enjoy!

Cocoa butter + 1tsp PPO cocoa powder for color + chocolate FO to a regular recipe = one chocolaty soap. Shouldn't need a special recipe, just whatever with those added :D

I add Cocoa Butter, Bakers Chocolate, Cocoa Powder and Cocoa Absolute to my soap and it's So yummyl. Yes I overdue it, but it's worth it. Sometimes I leave out the cocoa butter. I love chocolate soaps, they just don't sell well for me.

Wow- some great ideas.

Where do I get CP safe FO?

I have a heap of cocoa powder so thats not an issue, and got heaps of cocoa butter too :)

I don't have a 'regular' soap recipe as I only made my first batch in about 12 years the other day- so is there a good base recipe that'd be good for 'Chocolating'?

I'm so excited- my daughter is going to flip out when I tell her we're going to make chocolate soap!!

Awesome! Thanks Amy!

I'll be sure to let everyone know how it goes! Now I've just got to order the ingredients I don't have.

Its going to be awesome! Could I melt in a bar of 70% cocoa chocolate just to be decadent?

And would it be classed as an oil?

Back