Chocolate soap with brown suds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slnsgirl

Reaction score
Just made a batch using cocoa powder and tried washing my hands with a small bar and see that the suds are brown! Darn. Should I just shred it and put in other soaps?

Well, I have such soap too, but I just left it and we use to wash hands with it… It is still very nice soap :)

The suds wash off and your hands are still clean. I wouldn't mess with it unless you want to for something to do.

I have shredded brown soap and made faux choc chips and chocolate balls with it. Nothing wrong with brown lather tho.

I was just thinking about this, since last year I made some tiny brown pumpkins (and other colors) as a T-giving hostess gift and the brown goop in her fancy soap dish didn't look very nice. Colored lather doesn't bother me in the shower but I don't like it at the sink.

I was thinking about using coffee as my liquid, since that turns brown and the smell doesn't transfer. What do you guys think?

Brown lather wouldn't bother me if I liked the soap. It probably wouldn't even stop me from buying a bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Soap Rat. Coffee soap can leave brown gunk on soap dishes also. Kinda like any colored soap if you don't keep them washed off. At least at my house they do.

Yep... my chocolate soap with real cocoa in it is a pretty darker brown lather.. looks odd at first but smells amazing so you get used to it. :) No brown left behind.

Would be kinda cool if it did though.. could market it as a safe and easy tanning soap!! haha!

I made a soap using cocoa powder too. I had actually sprinkled it on top, not really mixing it in the soap. Someone made a comment to me about it having a brown lather and that they thought it was a little weird. I loved the soap though! And it didn't bother me that the lather was brown because it didn't turn me brown and it washed off well. I suppose what color lather may be important to some people and not others. I would also say keep it as is if you like the soap!

Back