Caterpillars ..YUK YUK YUK

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pops1

Reaction score
We have a plague of horrible brown caterpillars in our area,they can be seen in wide column making their way up a nearby hill ,eating everything in their path.We have quite a few in our paddock but so far they haven't advanced into our garden yet,after seeing the huge seething mass all in one place just made me feel sick.Usually every year when the caterpillars arrive in Spring we have huge amount of crows that gather together and go from one paddock to the next cleaning them up but not this year,so where have all the crows gone.Makes me wonder about global warming etc.

Yuck! Hubby found one crawling on his leg yesterday :shock:

We have tent worms though and they attract wasps. boo.

pops1 said:
We have a plague of horrible brown caterpillars in our area,they can be seen in wide column making their way up a nearby hill ,eating everything in their path.We have quite a few in our paddock but so far they haven't advanced into our garden yet,after seeing the huge seething mass all in one place just made me feel sick.Usually every year when the caterpillars arrive in Spring we have huge amount of crows that gather together and go from one paddock to the next cleaning them up but not this year,so where have all the crows gone.Makes me wonder about global warming etc.

Something like this happened in China a few years back.Heaps of sparrows died from eating bugs that'd eaten insecticide sprayed plants.So the next year,the bugs returned,some were resistent to the spray,the sparrows weren't around to eat em,so all the crops got munched on by a hoard of hungry insects.Far reaching effects!

Back