Canadians - use Celsius or Farenheit?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For daily (non science) use, do you Canadians use C or F? (baking, crafting, etc.) Thanks!
I was giving some recommendations for crafting but no C or F was included!

I am tend to do what Misschief does. When I bake I use F it is just what I have always used. For the weather I use C. I tend to switch between the Imperial or Metric systems for weights and measures. We made the switch as I was in elementary school so it is just natural to do all depending on preference.
I was giving some recommendations for crafting but no C or F was included!
What craft are you wanting to make with?

It's kinda funny but for lotion making I use C, for soaping I use F!

I am all Celsius and meters, then grams, Never got hang of imperial measurement. Metric all the way. We also are using litres for gazoline not galons :)
It is easy to change everything to grams and kilos

So Canada is familiar with both - good to know. Means I need to contact the Canadian seller and ask whether he means F or C. I'm heating some Frankincense, and after learning how to make an extract hope to add it to a lotion base for my own personal. I simply love the scent of it and it's more complex than the essential oil. Thanks everyone!

Me too!

Ditto! It's always baffled me that we're (USA) supposed to be one of the most civilized nations in the world but we're the only one still using the Imperial system. GAH!
Yes, I agree. But I grew up in the U.S. so that's what I'm used to. I do lotion in grams, soap in lbs. and oz. temperature in either so I'm all mixed up. There are plenty of Canadians that use the imperial.

I think it really depends on how old you are. My mom & older siblings use F but I grew up with only C and I never learned the 'old money'. If you have any idea how old the person was, that might help - so if they are under 45, it's probably C. Otherwise have a Google for something similar and see if they give any indication? Remember F is more that double C so...
Good luck!

Back