Can you recommend a multi-bar wire cutter?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeoplum

Reaction score
Preferably the kind that will cut 6-8 uniform bars all at once? I did a search on this forum but didn't find the answer. I don't know of many companies that make them. I know TOG does but I've bad results with him and his products and will not do business with his company again.

I'm planning to attend the 11th Annual Alabama Soap Meeting next week and there will be a vendor present who sells them but they are an unknown company to me - Cumberland Acoustic. Would be nice save on shipping but past experience has taught me to get references first.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
zeo

I sure wish I could help you there but they are all too pricey for me. I want one too but just cant part with that kind of money yet. There is a tutorial on how to make your own that cuts large blocks and the bars. I will look and see if I can find it again. Maybe one of the Aussies can help me out here, as I know it is from someone in Australia.

Val

Thanks but I don't have any kind of set-up to make my own. That's why I'm looking for a vendor who sells them.

zeo

The tank is supposed to be the best , it is a lot of money though . I haven't seen another one similar. I want one so baddddddd. :eek:

Kitn

The tank is out of my price range for sure. The one that Cumberland Acoustic sells is for 6 bars and it's only $150.

I wish some entreprenuerial person would come along and make a "personal size" multi-bar cutter. Like just 4 bars at a time! For my log, that would only take 3 cuts to do the whole thing.

the tank IS the best. I've tried others (yoo hoo - Soapmaker Man!) that don't compare at ALL.

srsly. it's an investment to last a lifetime.

zeoplum said:
I wish some entreprenuerial person would come along and make a "personal size" multi-bar cutter. Like just 4 bars at a time! For my log, that would only take 3 cuts to do the whole thing.

Me too , whoever could come up with one reasonably priced would get my business .The tank regardless of how wonderful it is , is overpriced imo. Do people buy it because of what it does or is it a status symbol or a bit of both?

Chestnut Farms has one thats a bit less expensive.
I can't tell you anything about it as I have never used it but they are one of the first to ever offer one. At one time, they actually had the plans for both the mold and cutter online!

Re: just ordered....

Soapmommie said:
Val said:
Willow Way makes a really nice one for multiple bars........ it costs $288 before shipping. Here is a link to it if you would like to see.

http://soapmold.net/soapcutters/#The_Loaf_Soap_Cutter

I think it is over priced but have not found any others that peaked my interest.

Val

I just ordered this one....

Soapmommie....did you get it yet? If so, how do you like it? Any chance you'd be willing to show pics of it from other angles than what they have on the website?

I really can't afford this one but I could start saving money for it. I like the idea that this one has a 1 1/8 inch thickness option. I looked at the website for the tank and it looks like they only do 1 inch.

Thanks,
zeo

Latest posts

Back