Can you make GM soap by HP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just made a HP GM soap actually. I used half coffee and half GM to make a caffe latte soap. It is darker than when I just use coffe alone since the milk darkens while it cooks. But I did not have any problems with curdling or anything like that. I hope that helps some! :D

The only thing that makes milk curdle is acid (lemon/lime juice) or enzymes. Heat has nothing to do with it.

It may smell a little burnt because of the milk sugars, so keep temps low and you should be OK.

So I learned that if you HP with GM it always turns out dark brown, the alternative to this is to use goat, almond, or coconut milk powder. When I HP bars I added the powder after it cooked in to the soap with some glycerin, when I made soap paste using KOH for liquid soap making, I added the milk powder after I had diluted and neutralized the soap paste. For CP I used the 1/2 and 1/2 method by mixing my lye with water as half the liquid content, then I added milk after I had the lye/water mixed well with the oils. I also added milk powder to the milk to compensate for the water I used in place of the milk for the lye solution.

Latest posts

Back