Can goat's milk be used in m&p ??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shivani

Reaction score
Hi!! I have got some goat's milk from a friend..i will make a cold process batch with it,and will still have some milk remaining..any suggestions how it can be utilised for other purpose or can it be used in m&p process??

Interesting. I've used goats milk M & P base before and I've read about people adding powdered goats milk to M & P as well but not fresh milk. Not sure it would be a good thing, but so not an expert.

I have never tried it. Let me know if you add it and how it turns out, Shivani

Here's it.

1386247845530.jpg

1386247878907.jpg

Hi!! I have got some goat's milk from a friend..i will make a cold process batch with it,and will still have some milk remaining..any suggestions how it can be utilised for other purpose or can it be used in m&p process??

I don't do M&P but from my reading, I believe that fresh ingredients would spoil if added to M&P soap. This is not the case in CP. I'm glad you went that route. Your soap is lovely.

Shivani they look absolutely gorgeous. The 2nd batch has me craving caramel. How did you get that swirl effect in the 2nd batch?

Thanx derpina!! I separated the batter in two at medium trace..one was plain,one brown..then I poured the layers one after other in a U pattern..then swirled also in U pattern,first diagonal from one side,then the opp side..i hope u understood.:)

I think I made it complicated..simply,zigzag one after other,the in 8 pattern swirl diaogonaly from both sides.

I just remember, i made a small batch of mp base a while ago. And in my true clueless style, added fresh gm to it. I just looked and it was fine (surprisingly). No mold growth/funky stuff that the eyes can see. I think the batch is a couple of months old. Am gonna cut a piece and take it to the shower, and let the rest sit to age.

Ok..that means you make your own m&p base..bt did u try it in premade base?

Ok..that means you make your own m&p base..bt did u try it in premade base?

shivani, i did not try it in a premade base, unfortunately. i tested the soap last night, it seems fine, no funky stuff.

Ok, thanx seven..i think I must try it tomorrow..just one soap..then I vil update.

Ok, thanx seven..i think I must try it tomorrow..just one soap..then I vil update.

shivani, if you have powdered goats milk, then by all means, i prefer that one just to be safer. but there's nothing wrong with doing an experiment with just 1 soap with fresh goats milk. i am curious myself. good luck with your experiment :)

Latest posts

Back