Can FO's smell different in MP than in CP?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbrown

Reaction score
I bought Rio Rumberry from Elements and had high hopes for this one. I used it yesterday and put it in MP to try it in the bath, so hopefully I could go on and use it in CP.

After I used it, my son hugged me and said I smelled like a crayon. OOB it smells awesome, but when I wash with it, it leaves a weird waxy, almost powdery plastic smell. Could this go away in CP? Or do you think it would change if I added kaolin clay to MP?

I don't make MP, but I know that in CP, sometimes a scent will smell weird the first few days after I make the soap. Give it a few days (or even a few weeks) and smell it.

I have had FOs that were sort of "meh" in lotion but really blossomed in CP. So I do think that CP can affect FOs.

Yes it can definately smell different in mp since the lye is not attacking it. My daughter works with M&P only and many times I give her fragances that either do not hold in my cp or the fo morphs to much, but can be very nice in m&p

Most definitely yes. I have a few FOs that I love OOB, but absolutely hate in CP because they morph. I use these in other products so they don't morph. I also have a few vice versa that I hate OOB and in non-lye products, but love in CP (cough WSP OMH cough).

Latest posts

Back