By Hazel's Request

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrja

Reaction score
Here he is. King. He's a cockinese (cocker spaniel, pekingnese mix) that I found living in the woods. He's still not groomed here as I had him neutered last week, but his expression in this photo is so funny I had to share it.

I had gotten up to go to the bathroom, when I returned he had climbed up into the warm bed with his toy monkey and was cuddled up to my hubby's rear end. This was the look I got when I told him to move so I could crawl back into the bed.

006.jpg

Thanks Heart. I love the pouty face he has on this picture, he really has the most expressive eyes. Hazel I sent it to you in IM's so maybe you can see my spoiled little boy there. :p

Oh my goodness, he's precious. Usually with the cross breeds one breed is more dominant than the other but his is equally perfect, you are so blessed, he looks like "Mr Personality" on legs :lol:

Oh, he's adorable. How could someone just leave something as precious as that. I can't stand people who don't take care of their animals.

So, someone dumped that little angel in the forest? :(

He is absolutely gorgeous and is a very lucky boy to have been found and adopted by you. :D

Yes Bubbles believe it or not he was a stray. I literally went door to door with him when I found him. With him being a hybrid breed I thought that surely he must just be lost. He was covered in ticks and had the beginnings of dreadlocks, but was as sweet as could be. No one claimed him, and by the end of a week and a half he had me in love.

It really isn't that uncommon where I live though. People dump their animals out in the country all the time. My mother for example has rescued the following breeds that have just been dumped out here. Lhasa Apsu, Rottweiler, Pit Bull, she even has a mini pinscher that she found, poor thing was suffering from lead poisoning because she had a belly full of birdshot where someone had decided to shoot her.

Sad part is that Mississippi really doesn't have that many laws to protect animals. They've just passed some legislation recently, but when it comes to animals this state is just backwards, and unfortunately most people dump their animals rather than paying to take them to a shelter. :-(

He definitely is Mr. Personality. I grew up around Pekingnese, as my grandmother was a show Peke breeder. Several of her puppies were sold to people who showed them in dog shows back in the 80's. He reminded me of a red stud she had named Miki. He's got the Pekingnese snobby personality, but enough cocker spaniel mixed in to soften him into a sweet little bundle of fur that will cuddle you all day long if you let him.

He is lucky you found him. We rescued a full blood, boston terrier that was obviously a stud that out lived his ability. He was blind and dumpped on the hwy in the middle of no where. Good thing I believe in kharma, they will get theirs...

How lucky for him & you.
He looks just lovely.
How big is he???
Do u think he could be a cavalier cross?
Looks just like my ruby coloured cavalier I lost to snake bite a few years back.

Enjoy him!!

Glad to know I'm not the only one who feels strongly about the subject of taking care of animals. I cannot watch that animal cops show on animal planet, I tend to get very very angry.

That's horrible that someone would dump a blind dog by a highway Tabitha. That is nothing but a death sentence. You and your puppy are so lucky to have found each other. Yes Karma is a powerful force, but I suspect when it does come back to bite them in their tender bits, most people who've abandoned or hurt animals are the type to not be able to figure it out why their life suddenly sucks.

You know Natty, now that you mention it that is a possibility too. He's about 25 pounds. He's short but he's a stout little guy, and that is with his ribs sticking out from not eating right in the woods. He's gained weight since his initial vet visit.

I do think it was more than luck though. He walked right up to us, big eyes, tail gently wagging. It was just like he was saying, "Hey lady take me home." That night the temperature dipped below freezing and we had ice rain, but King was snuggled up in the blankets with me, his snoring competing with the hubbys. :p Proof that I can sleep through anything.

Yes, I get angry at all the people that dump animals. We adopted a few when I was a kid that were either abused or dumped, and it is just so sad to see how they had been treated. Very kind of you to adopt the little guy.

It just sickens me when I think of people dumping animals. I don't understand it. If you don't want the animal, at least take it to the shelter where the animal has a chance for adoption.

Tabitha, I'm so glad you were able to rescue the dog.

What a beautiful animal and how wonderful you are to take this little bloke into your family!

I love animals and loathe cruelity of any kind.

Latest posts

Back