Buttermilk Castille

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tryanything

Reaction score
I'm getting back into soaping after a six month break. This is a 100% olive oil, 100% buttermilk soap. It looks so good! I used my new brambleberry 12 bar silicone mold. That is awesome. I'm not sure if the soap gelled or not. I never saw any change in the color as I checked on it. I tried to do a red/pink swirl (paprika infused oil) but I don't think I used enough and I forgot that the buttermilk would make the soap tan, so I think that took away from the swirl a bit. You can just make out a slight color change, but nothing major.

036-2.jpg

Those look great! Did you use liquid buttermilk or powder?

I just bought the 12 bar silicone mold also and will be using it for my next batch of salt bars.

How did I miss this post? :oops: Your soap looks lovely. You have more patience than I do. I use enough water to dissolve the lye and then add the buttermilk. I really like buttermilk in soap.

they look soo good!!
i keep looking at the buttermilk in the grocery store and not buying because of the price. think i'll buy it and just freeze the extra.
thanks for the inspiration, and enjoy your beautiful soaps :)

good idea saltydog!! that's just what I'll do! gonna make a buttermilk soap this week!!

Back