Breaded Pork Chop Trick

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am making my hubby's favorite tonight and thought I would post this trick, I learned from my MIL. I am so glad I paid attention to this little Armenian lady before she passed. She was an awesome good and so was my Romanian FIL and I also learned from him. Two ethnic foods in one house. :D It was fantastic. Even my husband's sister did not learn how to cook the foods she depends on me now to teach her some of them.

Now back to the subject. This will make your chops nice and juicy but not a crispy breading. Bread and season your pork chops or pork chops however you prefer. I will mention you do not really want real thick 1-1.5" or real thin chops for this. Although I am using 1.5" chops tonight. Regular sliced chops work best. Next brown your chops, I like to use bacon fat, lard or tallow, you are not cooking them at this point just browning them. You need a steamer basket you can line with bread and put your browned chops in and now steam them for approx 35 min. My chops are so thick mine will take 45-60 min tonight. The bread will soap up the grease and the chops with be very juicy inside. I use a double boiler that I have a steamer insert for. That is the only drawback that I know not everyone has such. The whole key is steaming them. I have not tried them in an Instant pot but it might work since there are steamer baskets for Instant Pots.

Latest posts

Back