Brambleberry 9 bar Slab Mold - I love it. *updated-cut pics*

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomara

Reaction score
With all the wonderful reviews of the BB mold, I got one for myself. I bought the bottom liner with it too. I lined the mold with a super fancy grocery bag and put the "liners" that they come with on top. They come in pieces and don't form a tight seal, so I put the bag in there in case of any leaks. So easy to use.

I love this mold, and I cannot wait to unmold it tomorrow.

lemon_lavender_new_mold.jpg

Veggie Recipe with Lonestar's Lemon Lavender

Lemon_lavender_cut.jpg

Thanks so much for the kind words...I do recommend the baggy method with this mold. I simply pulled the handles to get the soap out, and started removing the sides and dividers. The soap slid off easily with the optional bottom insert. There was some slight leakage into the bag, but the mold was protected. I will post some pictures after I have had my coffee IV. Thanks ;-)

I keep trying to resist this mold, but you and Amanda keep making that impossible! Can't wait to see cut photos.

gorgeous soap! now i want one of those molds too. i can't find it on BB's site though :(

First and foremost, your soap is beautiful!!!!!

But, my credit card is not thanking you guys. I finally ordered this mold yesterday and am dying for it to get here :) Now I'm just wishing I had ordered the bottom insert too. After re-reading how you did the bag with the bottom, it sounds genius! Would those of you who have slab molds from BB recommend the bottom insert? And is it textured in any way or does it create a nice smooth bottom? I may have to do some more damage and order the insert--besides, there's always more I can find to order from BB :wink:

Just got this mold the 9 bar slab. I haven't used it yet, but how much oil will this fit. I did the calculation is is says about 70 oz but the bramble berry site says it only makes around 3 lbs soap. Did I calculate wrong or am I missing something.
I found amandas blog with an example of the mold and recipe. I was going to use around 2.5 pound of oil which is about what she did so, don;t know about the calculation though.

absolutely gorgeous soap. The colors are fantastic. I have been looking at that nine bar mold. Looks a good size to test out some batches.

Back