Bramble Berrys black tea FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElenaCoralSoaps

Reaction score
I just used black tea fo to make soap on saturday and I just have to rave about it!! It smells so yummy plus its easy to work with, it didn't trace fast and did not discolor my soap. I think what I want to try next is to use brandy or rum as my liquid so that the theme can be pirate booty ( or clean pirate booty for that matter.) How does that idea sound? Also, does anyone have tips on using alcohol as your liquid?

I have read that it's important to boil off the alcohol first or the soap will seize. And that if you're using anything carbonated (beer) to make sure that it's really flat before using.

Does the black tea FO smell like tea? Or can you describe it at all?

yes it does smell very herbal and tea like, but sweet. I have never had black tea before, but if I were to describe this fragrance I would say that it smells like sweetened green and white tea

I've used the black tea from bramble berry, too. I found it VERY strong and it struck me as a masculine scent.

I found I like it a lot better when mixed with a vanilla or a butter cream. Just softens a little but it keeps the black tea twang.

ElenaCoralSoaps said:
I just used black tea fo to make soap on saturday and I just have to rave about it!! It smells so yummy plus its easy to work with, it didn't trace fast and did not discolor my soap. I think what I want to try next is to use brandy or rum as my liquid so that the theme can be pirate booty ( or clean pirate booty for that matter.) How does that idea sound? Also, does anyone have tips on using alcohol as your liquid?

Clean pirate booty!! That cracked me up!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll have to try that one...it sounds good!

Back